Skip to main content

In general, prohibited articles are exempted from obtaining import or export licences if they are passing through the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region without leaving the importing conveyance except certain strategic commodities e.g. nuclear materials and facilities, chemicals or biological weapons.

For dangerous drugs in transit, a valid export authorization or diversion certificate is required.

For specimens of endangered species, a valid document issued by a relevant authority of the exporting country is required.

For details, please see "Prohibited Articles".

Prohibited Articles in Transit