Skip to main content

Licence and Permit

Q.1What are the major types of Dutiable Commodities Licence?

Please click here for details.

Q.2How to apply for a licence?

Please click here for details.

Q.3How to apply for a permit?

Please click here for details.

Q.4What is the fee for applying a dutiable commodity permit?

Traders are not required to pay any fee to C&ED in regard to an application for a duty commodity (DC) permit. However, they have to route their permit applications through any of the three specified electronic service providers (a) Brio Electronic Commerce Limited at (852) 2111 1288, (b) Global e-Trading Services Limited at (852) 8201 0082 or (c) Tradelink Electronic Commerce Limited at (852) 2599 1700, and the service providers will levy a charge in this connection. For details of the service charge, please contact the service providers direct.

Q.5What are the codes required to be entered into the system for application of Dutiable Commodities permits?

An applicant has to fill in the relevant codes (i.e. Supplier code, Carrier code and Commodity Code) when applying for dutiable commodity (DC) permits via the electronic Dutiable Commodities Permit (e-DCP) system of the specified electronic service providers.

To search for the appropriate codes, an applicant can login the e-DCP system of the specified electronic service providers or the C&ED’s Dutiable Commodities System ( ). If appropriate codes cannot be found, the applicant may contact the Codification Team of C&ED at 3759 2507 to apply for new codes.

Q.6Is it necessary to apply licence and permit for the zero-rated duty liquors?

According to the Dutiable Commodities Ordinance, Chapter 109, Laws of Hong Kong, zero-rated duty liquors are

  1. liquor, other than wine, with an alcoholic strength of not more than 30% by volume measured at a temperature of 20°C; and
  2. wine.

No licence and permit is required for the import, export or removal of zero-rated duty liquors.

Licence and Permit