Skip to main content

Registration as a Motor Vehicle Importer and / or Distributor

Any persons, for trade or business

should register as importers/distributors with the Department within 30 days of the commencement of their business.

An applicant for registration as a motor vehicle importer and / or distributor should submit the registration form CED 335 (Opens a new window) to the Motor Vehicles Valuation Group of the Customs and Excise Department by hand or by post or through the on-line registration at the Motor Vehicles First Registration Tax System website. The form CED 335 is also obtainable at:

  1. Customs and Excise Department

    Motor Vehicles Valuation Group
    3/F, Customs Headquarters Building
    222 Java Road, North Point
    Hong Kong
  2. Transport Department

    Hong Kong Licensing Office
    3/F United Centre
    95 Queensway
    Hong Kong
  3. All District Offices of Home Affairs Department (Opens a new window)

Please see "Notes to Motor Vehicle Importer/Distributor (Opens a new window) " for details.


Please download the Adobe Acrobat Reader (Opens a new window) to view the PDF document.

Importing for Commercial Purpose