Skip to main content

Any persons importing motor vehicles for their own use and not for sale are not required to register as importers.

However, they are still required to submit Import Returns (CED 336) (Opens a new window) and Declaration Forms (CED 336A) (Opens a new window) together with copies of supporting documents (Opens a new window) within 30 days of the importation of the motor vehicle to:

Customs and Excise Department
Motor Vehicles Valuation Group
3/F, Customs Headquarters Building
222 Java Road, North Point
Hong Kong

or, submit the application through the Motor Vehicles First Registration Tax System website.

To avoid unnecessary delay caused by miscommunication, the Department may contact the applicant concerned in case he/she does not submit supplementary document/information required for Customs verification after a prolonged period of time.


For enquiry, applicant may call (852) 3759 2560 / (852) 3759 2556 or fax (852) 2598 4975. He/she is also welcome to contact Service Counter staff at 3/F, Customs Headquarters Building, 222 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong in person. Our responsible officer will explain the application procedures in detail to the applicant.


Please download the Adobe Acrobat Reader (Opens a new window) to view the PDF document.

Importing for Personal Use