There is an Air Cargo Clearance System (ACCS) which hooks up with the air cargo industry in the Hong Kong International Airport.
ACCS has the following features:
- specially designed to expedite the clearance of air cargo;
- direct system interface between Customs and cargo operators for the exchange of cargo data and Customs clearance instructions;
- service availability of 24 hours a day and 7 days a week; and
- covers clearance of all types of air cargoes.
The implementation of the ACCS has been engineered to achieve the following benefits:
- a level playing field;
- trade facilitation;
- readiness of Customs action codes; and
- speedy clearance of non-constrained cargoes.